Friday, June 24, 2011

Seabrook

Last weekend we took our first family vacation since being a family of 4! We rented a house in Seabrook, WA. If you live in Washington and have never seen or been to Seabrook, we highly suggest you stay there! Seabrook is a little beach resort "town" that was built in 2004 and is just 20 miles past Ocean Shores. We have decided that we will be going back there every summer that we can and making it a family tradition.

The boys did AWESOME. I was worried about the car ride, worried about Landon not wanting to be in his seat for the whole drive and letting us know it, but he did great. I was worried about Zane getting bored in the car, but thankfully his mommy packed a big bag of goodies to keep him busy! My kids are so routine and although that helps make our lives easier it can also cause problems when you tweak the routine sometimes! I was worried about them being off their routines and how they'd adapt to different beds, different "house", different routine for the weekend, but both kids did wonderful, we had no hiccups in their moods at all! I was worried about Zane's blood sugars going nuts due to possible stress, different foods, different weather etc, but they stayed in tack the whole weekend (only one major low the last day). I was worried about Josh and I's bedroom being on a totally different floor than where the kids slept, but there ended up being nothing to worry about, everyone slept wonderful!

Of course the weather was typical Washington coast weather, but it didn't bother us one bit and didn't hold us back from doing anything!

Here is a little of what we did (to get a better look, you can click on the pictures to make them bigger)!

We stayed in a gorgeous house:


Seabrook has its own little marketplace to buy food items you may have forgot at home (just beware the prices of these items could send you into cardiac arrest) and a great little restaurant pub with delicious food.


The whole little "town" looks like something out of Cape Cod/Martha Vineyards or a magazine:


We rode bikes (our house came with two adult bikes and we brought Zane's) and took lots of walks. We only drove our car to get there and walked or rode everywhere the entire weekend!


We played games that were just scattered around the area:


We hiked to the beach:




We played on the beach like crazy:






We played at the playground:


We roasted marshmallows and made s'mores:


We broke the rules and jumped on [and off] the furniture:


We wished daddy a very Happy Father's Day:


We posed for pictures:


We drove onto the beach:


And we (as in the kids) slept all the way home:


This was seriously a vacation we won't forget for a long time!

4 comments:

The Tuomisto Family - How it all began :) said...

So happy to hear of your happy days :)

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I'm glad that you guys had such a great time. I will definitely keep this place in mind :)

Krissy

Anonymous said...

This is a must see place. I have never heard of it. Looks perfect for a family get-a-way. Looks like you all enjoyed it.

Andrea said...

That looked like a great vacation!